Registration No. 200301022614 (625034-X)
18TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – 24 MAY 2021
SUMMARY KEY MATTERS
SUMMARY OF THE KEY MATTERS DISCUSSED AT THE 18TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEEETING (“18TH AGM”) CONDUCTED ENTIRELY THROUGH LIVE STREAMING FROM THE BROADCAST VENUE AT LIVE GALLERY STUDIO SDN. BHD, 31-02, JALAN AUSTIN HEIGHT 8/3, TAMAN MOUNT AUSTIN, 81100 JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR ON MONDAY, 24TH MAY 2021 AT 10.00 A.M.
The 18th AGM of Gromutual Berhad which was chaired by Mr Tan Hoon Kiat @ Tan Hoon Siong, the Non-Executive Chairman (“Mr Tan” or “Chairman”) of the Company was duly convened on 24th May 2021. In relation thereto, all the resolutions as set out in Notice of the 18th AGM dated 26 April 2021 were duly passed by conduct of poll by the shareholders and proxies who participated via the Remote Participation and Voting facilities (“RPV”) provided by the Share Registrars, Tricor Investor & Issuing House Services Sdn. Bhd. (“TIIH”) via its TIIH Online website at https://tiih.online.
The Meeting was also informed that TIIH had been appointed to conduct the poll voting and Asia Securities Sdn. Bhd. on the other hand had been appointed to act as Scrutineers to validate the poll results.
Mr Teo Yu Hong (“Mr Teo”), the Managing Director of the Company had addressed the question raised by the shareholders during the meeting via “Query Box” and the question and answer were summarised as below: -
Question 1 :
Mr Neo inquired whether there is any door gift for the shareholders.
Mr Teo answered that there is no door gift provided to the shareholders.
As there was no further question from the shareholders, all the Ordinary Resolutions 1 to 9 as follows which were set out in notice of 18th AGM dated 26 April 2021 were voted by way of poll and were duly passed by the shareholders and proxies present except for Agenda 1 of the meeting on receiving the Audited Financial Statements as this agenda item did not require formal approval of shareholders or put for voting since the item was meant for discussion only: -
- Agenda 2 - Resolution 1: Approval of the payment of Directors’ Fees of RM310,000 for the financial year ended 31 December 2020;
- Agenda 3 - Resolution 2: Approval of the payment of Directors’ benefits up to capping amount of RM30,000 from the 18th Annual General Meeting to the 19th Annual General Meeting of the Company to be held on 2022;
- Agenda 4 - Re-election of the following Directors who retired by rotation pursuant to Clause 76(3) of the Company’s Constitution: -
- Resolution 3: Ms Chew Kwee Hiok;
- Resolution 4: Mr Yeoh Beng Sang; and
- Resolution 5: Encik Azahar Bin Baharudin;
- Agenda 5 - Resolution 6: Re-appointment of BDO PLT as Auditors and to authorize the Directors to fix their remuneration;
- Agenda 6 - Resolution 7: Authority to allot and issue shares pursuant to Section 75 and 76 of the Companies Act 2016;
- Agenda 7 - Resolution 8: Continuing in Office of Mr Yeoh Beng Sang who has served as an Independent Non-Executive Director for of the Company for a cumulative term of more than nine (9) years and to hold the office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting to be held in Year 2022; and
- Agenda 8 - Resolution 9: Continuing in Office of Encik Azahar Bin Baharudin who has served as an Independent Non-Executive Director for of the Company for a cumulative term of more than nine (9) years and to hold the office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting to be held in Year 2022.
There being no further business, the meeting was called to a close by the Chairman at 11.05 a.m. with a vote of thanks to the Chair.